I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Operation Prom Date by Cindi Madsen
Series: Tactics in Flirting
Published by Entangled Publishing on March 13th 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Cinderella Screwed Me Over, Ready to Wed
Kate ships tons of fictional couples, but IRL her OTP is her and Mick, the hot quarterback she's crushed on since, like, forever. With only one semester left of senior year, it's now or never if she wants to land him in time for prom. Since she's flirtationally challenged, she enlists Cooper Callihan, the guy who turned popular seemingly overnight but who used to be a good friend.
Cooper lives and breathes rowing, but his partner just broke his wrist. When he remembers Kate's good with a set of oars, he strikes a deal: help him train, and he'll make sure her crush notices her. Only he didn't know how addicting spending time with her would be. Or how the more successful the Operation is, the more jealousy he experiences.
The mission has been set. The troops have their marching orders. But what if the target is the wrong guy all along?
5 Reasons to read Operation Prom Date
- It’s fun and flirty. Seriously, it’s adorable.
- I love books that enlist the help of a guy friend… because well you know, things are not going to the way it was planned.
- Kate is the ultimate romance nerd. I love her ships and can get down with quite a few of them.
- Both Kate and Cooper have their quirky sides that nobody else knows about.
- And this is kind of like a makeover type of book. It reminded me a lot of She’s All That and every other movie I loved as a teen.
All that to say, it’s super swoony and the perfect read to gear you up for Spring.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Contemporary Romance Challenge
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge
- 2017 New Release Challenge