I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Flying Lessons & Other Stories by Ellen Oh, Kwame Alexander, Kelly J. Baptist, Soman Chainani, Matt de la Pena, Tim Federle, Grace Lin, Meg Medina, Walter Dean Myers, Tim Tingle, Jacqueline Woodson
Published by Crown Books for Young Readers on January 3rd 2017
Genres: middle grade, Short Stories
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Whether it is basketball dreams, family fiascos, first crushes, or new neighborhoods, this bold anthology—written by the best children’s authors—celebrates the uniqueness and universality in all of us.
In a partnership with We Need Diverse Books, industry giants Kwame Alexander, Soman Chainani, Matt de la Peña, Tim Federle, Grace Lin, Meg Medina, Walter Dean Myers, Tim Tingle, and Jacqueline Woodson join newcomer Kelly J. Baptist in a story collection that is as humorous as it is heartfelt. This impressive group of authors has earned among them every major award in children’s publishing and popularity as New York Times bestsellers.
From these distinguished authors come ten distinct and vibrant stories.
5 Reasons to read Flying Lessons and Other Stories
- Flying Lessons is a set of short stories I think everyone can connect with.
- These fabulous stories are brought to us from some amazing diverse authors. This was my first time reading some of these authors and I’ll definitely be looking for more of their work.
- The stories included are ones that many children, and adults, can relate to.
- I loved the importance of trying to do your best and education within each story.
- The stories are great for a lot of people that don’t see their personal experiences much in books. This one highlights many different cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I liked getting a peek into lives that aren’t necessarily my own, and see the hope and dreams of these characters.