Series: The Custard Protocol
Published by Orbit on July 19th 2016
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also in this series: Prudence
Also by this author: Etiquette & Espoinage, Soulless
London is in chaos.
Rue and the crew of The Spotted Custard returned from India with revelations that shook the foundations of the scientific community. There is mass political upheaval, the vampires are tetchy, and something is seriously wrong with the local werewolf pack. To top it all off, Rue’s best friend Primrose keeps getting engaged to the most inappropriate military types.
Rue has got personal problems as well. Her vampire father is angry, her werewolf father is crazy, and her obstreperous mother is both. Worst of all, Rue’s beginning to suspect what they all really are… is frightened.
When the Custard is ordered to Egypt, transporting some highly unusual passengers, Rue’s problems go from personal to impossible. Can she get Percy to stop sulking? Will she find the true cause of Primrose’s lovesickness? And what is Quesnel hiding in the boiler room?
9 Reasons to read Imprudence
- Fierce ladies that don’t back down from a fight.
- We get to see some of our favorite characters from the Parasol Protectorate series.
- Dirigibles and air balloons that resemble lady bugs.
- Lots of action and attacks on said dirigible.
- Sexy times. Seriously… they were pretty steamy.
- Realizing feelings for people when you didn’t think you had them.
- Betrayal among friends.
- Friendships strong enough to overcome anything.
- Egypt! We get to go back after all the time that has passed since the last Alexia novel.
I absolutely loved this book. I’m sad there won’t be a Custard Protocol book in 2017, but I can wait. These characters are so much fun and it’s the perfect book/series to put you in a good mood.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: