I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Black Dog Bay
Published by Penguin on November 3rd 2015
Genres: Contemporary Women, Romance, Romantic Comedy
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: New Uses for Old Boyfriends
The author of New Uses for Old Boyfriends returns to the Delaware seashore town of Black Dog Bay, where one woman learns to put passion before practicality…
Brighton Smith doesn’t do outrageous. As an insurance actuary, it’s her job to assess risk and avoid bad investments. But when her fiancé calls to confess he’s married someone else on a whim (“I looked at her and I just knew!”), she snaps…
That night, at a local bar, Jake Sorensen—hot, rich, and way out of her league—buys Brighton a cocktail. At midnight, she kisses him. And by dawn, they’re exchanging vows at a drive-through chapel.
Brighton knows Jake is a bad bet, but she doesn’t care. After a lifetime of playing it safe, she’s finally having fun. Until the whirlwind romance gives way to painful reality...and Brighton finds out the truth about why a guy like Jake married a girl like her. With her heart on the line and the odds stacked against them, Brighton must decide whether to cut her losses or take a leap of faith that this love affair is one in a million.
INCLUDES A READERS GUIDE
From the Trade Paperback edition.
The Awesome of Put a Ring on It
- Jake Sorenson. We get a few glimpses of him in previous books, but he’s finally a main character!
- Brighton is a great character. She mixes things up from her usual.
- Drunken Vegas trips. You know that always adds juiciness to a story.
- Brighton & Jake’s banter. They are pretty hilarious.
- Black Dog Bay. I love this little town. It’s so picturesque and adorable.
- Uncomfortable situations with an ex. Helloooo drama!
- Friends. You find them in the unlikeliest places.
- Passion. In the bed, in your personal future. Life is boring without it.
- Just grab this series and read it. It’s so much fun and perfect if you like funny, awkward, and swoon.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: