I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Pocket Star on 6/22/15
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also in this series: True North
Also by this author: True North, Ready for Wild
Find out if rock sensation Simon can break through tough-girl Devon’s steely exterior—if he can keep his head on straight, that is—in this second sizzling romance in the True series!Devon Jenkins is a feisty blonde, and Simon Cole is the arrogant, sexy guitarist playing in her brother’s band. When they met for the first time, it went something like this: He hit on her, she shot him down, he made a lewd joke, she told him he was an idiot.In the two years since then, not much has changed. From the way Simon flirts shamelessly with any set of ovaries within a 100-mile radius, Devon knows the smartest thing she can do is keep an impenetrable wall between them.But sometimes the smart choice isn’t necessarily the right one…
10 Things I loved about True Devotion
- Devon is a firecracker. She’s not afraid to speak her mind.
- Simon may be dirty-mouthed, but he’s incredibly sweet.
- We finally get to see more Simon. (I was a big fan of him in True North)
- Both Simon and Devon are incredibly stubborn.
- Devon has a great friend who isn’t afraid to call her on her bullshit.
- The sparks between Devon and Simon are incredible.
- Loved the banter between them.
- They use their humor to try to get past tough times.
- We get to see snippets of Kate and Trevor
- Seeing Simon and Devon work through their past, and the things that hold them back is both heartbreaking and enlightening.
- and as a bonus…. incredibly steamy scenes that made me blush a little. 😛
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: