Series: Elemental Assassin
Published by Pocket Books on 3/26/2013
Genres: Adult, Magic, Romance, Urban Fantasy
Length: 11 hours and 8 minutes
Narrator: Lauren Fortgang
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Audible, The Book Depository
Also in this series: Spider's Bite, Web of Lies
Also by this author: Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost
Red is definitely my color. Good thing, because in my line of work, I end up wearing it a lot.
Most people shy away from blood, but for an assassin like me— Gin Blanco, aka the Spider—it’s just part of the job. Still, it would be nice to get a night off, especially when I’m attending the biggest gala event of the summer at Briartop, Ashland’s fanciest art museum. But it’s just not meant to be. For this exhibition of my late nemesis’s priceless possessions is not only the place to be seen, but the place to be robbed and taken hostage at gunpoint as well. No sooner did I get my champagne than a bunch of the unluckiest thieves ever burst into the museum and started looting the place.
Unlucky why? Because I brought along a couple of knives in addition to my killer dress. Add these to my Ice and Stone magic, and nothing makes me happier than showing the bad guys why red really is my color.
- This book is definitely slower than previous books
- Gin reflects on an assignment she helped Fletcher with regarding a giant
- She spends too much time thinking about things with Owen while figuring out how to stop the heist
- I was pissed at Owen in the last book, and that doesn’t improve much in this one. He’s still acting like an asshat.
- There was too much catching up on what’s happened previously.
- Not my favorite in the series, but I’ll continue because I want to know what else happens in Gin’s world
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: