Dorothy Parker was an American poet, short story writer, critic, and satirist. She was a member of the Algonquin Round Table, a group of New York City writers, actors, and critics. Her wit and sharp tongue made her one of the most famous writers of the 20th century. Here are some of her most famous quotes from Page 2. If you're a fan of witty and sarcastic quotes, then the Dorothy Parker Quotes Page 2 is definitely worth checking out. This page features some of the most memorable lines from the American writer, poet, and critic Dorothy Parker.One of her famous quotes that can be found on this page is 'Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.' It's a humorous take on how society views women who wear glasses as less attractive or desirable.Another quote that stands out is 'I don't care what anybody says about me as long as it isn't true.' This line perfectly captures Parker's attitude towards criticism and gossip. She was known for being unapologetically herself and not caring about other people's opinions.In addition to these iconic quotes, the Dorothy Parker Quotes Page 2 also includes links to other pages featuring inspiring and thought-provoking quotes. These include Camille Paglia Quotes and Donald Trump Quotes - A Comprehensive Analysis of His Most Notable Sayings.So if you're looking for some clever one-liners or just want to read up on some interesting perspectives, be sure to check out this page!Buy now!
Quotes on Life
Dorothy Parker had a unique perspective on life. Here are some of her most famous quotes on life:
- 'Life is a glorious cycle of song, a medley of extemporanea.'
- 'Life is a beautiful, magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish.'
- 'Life is a tragedy full of joy.'
- 'Life is a stream of consciousness.'
Quotes on Love
Dorothy Parker was a master of the art of love. Here are some of her most famous quotes on love:Get price!
- 'Love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics.'
- 'Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few.'
- 'Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.'
- 'Love is a thing that is full of cares, and fears, and doubts, and it's very pleasant to have.'
Quotes on Writing
Dorothy Parker was a prolific writer. Here are some of her most famous quotes on writing:
- 'I hate writing, I love having written.'
- 'Writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair.'
- 'Writing is the art of discovering what you believe.'
- 'Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.'
Quotes on Humor
Dorothy Parker was known for her sharp wit and humor. Here are some of her most famous quotes on humor:
- 'Humor is a rubber sword - it allows you to make a point without drawing blood.'
- 'Humor is just another defense against the universe.'
- 'Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.'
- 'Humor is the good-natured side of truth.'
Quotes on Friendship
Dorothy Parker was a great friend. Here are some of her most famous quotes on friendship:
- 'Friends are like kites. You have to run with them to get them off the ground.'
- 'Friends are the family you choose.'
- 'Friends are the sunshine of life.'
- 'Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe of life.'
Quotes on Success
Dorothy Parker was a great success. Here are some of her most famous quotes on success:
- 'Success is a great deodorant.'
- 'Success is a public affair. Failure is a private funeral.'
- 'Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.'
- 'Success is having to worry about every damn thing in the world, except money.'
Dorothy Parker was a master of wit and wisdom. Her quotes on life, love, writing, humor, friendship, and success are timeless and still relevant today. Whether you're looking for a bit of inspiration or just a good laugh, Dorothy Parker's quotes are sure to provide both.