Christopher Hitchens Quotes: Page 2
Christopher Hitchens was a renowned journalist, author, and critic known for his sharp wit and controversial opinions. Here are some more of his insightful quotes:
'The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.'
This quote speaks to the importance of critical thinking and individuality. It's not just about having your own thoughts, but also about approaching them with an open mind and a willingness to challenge assumptions.
'I became a journalist partly so that I wouldn't ever have to rely on the press for my information.'
Hitchens had a healthy skepticism towards mainstream media outlets and believed in doing his own research. This quote highlights the importance of being informed from multiple sources rather than relying solely on one.
'What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.'
This is another example of Hitchens' emphasis on critical thinking. He believed that claims should always be backed up by evidence before they are accepted as true.
Christopher Hitchens was a British-American author, journalist, and literary critic. He was known for his outspoken views on religion, politics, and life. His quotes are often thought-provoking and insightful. Here are some of his most famous quotes from page two.Shop now!
Quotes on Life
Hitchens had a unique perspective on life. He believed that life should be lived to the fullest and that we should never take anything for granted. Here are some of his most famous quotes on life:Get price!
- “Life is not a moral exercise. It's a chance to do the best you can with what you have.”
- “Life is short and you have to live it as if there's no tomorrow.”
- “Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.”
Quotes on Religion
Hitchens was an outspoken critic of religion. He believed that religion was a source of oppression and that it should be challenged. Here are some of his most famous quotes on religion:Buy now!
- “Religion is a form of collective neurosis.”
- “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion.”
- “Religion is a kind of mental illness.”
Quotes on Politics
Hitchens was a passionate political activist. He believed that politics should be used to create a better world. Here are some of his most famous quotes on politics:
- “Politics is the art of making your selfish desires seem like the national interest.”
- “Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
- “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
Christopher Hitchens was a brilliant thinker and writer. His quotes on life, religion, and politics are thought-provoking and insightful. They offer a unique perspective on the world and can help us to think more deeply about the issues that we face. We hope that this page has helped you to gain a better understanding of Hitchens' views.