I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia
Published by Imprint on February 6th 2018
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Beautiful Creatures, The Lovely Reckless
Before, Peyton was a star soccer player with the perfect boyfriend, Reed. Now, she has a torn knee ligament, a scholarship on the line, and a shattered sense of self. No one believes Reed pushed her, causing her injury, and Peyton just wants to leave the trauma behind. Living with her uncle and twin cousins in their small, football-obsessed town seems like a great escape plan.
There, Peyton meets Owen—high school classmate and local MMA fighter. Though Owen is charming and gentle, Peyton is determined to repress her growing attraction. But when her old and new life collide, Peyton must reclaim the truth of her past in order to save her future.
5 reasons to read Broken Beautiful Hearts
- This book will hit you in the feels.
- It’s really hard to put this book down. Seriously, I was up reading it until the wee hours of the morning until my flashlight died, and I had to put it down.
- We’re used to seeing MMA guys in New Adult, but Kami Garcia brings it to YA. I love that the fighters were researched.
- It covers some hard topics. Ones I think some of us can relate to, and hopefully will help those in the same situation.
- It shows that not everythong is the same, and family has your back.
I can’t say enough good things about this book. I loved every second of it. I love how seemlessly Garcia brought this heartbreaking story to life. And, how she gives a sense of hope.