Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
After James Cole's wife walked out on him, he put his dreams aside to raise his daughter. But now she's grown and he's ready for more. When the opportunity arises to own a restaurant, his life-long dream, he can't deny that it's meant to be. And for more reasons than one.He’s kept his heart closed off since the day his wife walked away. He’s never found someone who he thought was worth opening himself up to. But one look at her, and he knew she was everything. Carly Hanson has a secret. A secret only she and her teenage son, Jack, know about. She's built a new life but kept herself carefully guarded.The day Carly stumbled, literally, into James, her world was turned upside down. She tries to keep him strictly as a friend, but he's relentless in his pursuit. Can he break down the walls she's so firmly built? Can he get her to join him in... A Better Place?
5 reasons to read A Better Place
- This is a story all about second chances.
- I loved both James and & Carly’s devotion to their kids. They go all Papa and Mama bear for them. I can definitely connect to that as a parent.
- The relationship each of them has with their children is amazing. I love that they are close and can talk to each other about anything.
- The progression of James and Carly’s friendship is perfect. I loved that they got to know each other before going further.
- The supporting characters. I loved them as much as the main ones. They are there for these people, and I felt like I was surrounded by a group of friends.
Definitely pick this book up. I loved every second of it, and was sad when I closed the book.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: