I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Haven by Mary Lindsey
Published by Entangled Publishing on November 7th 2017
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Shattered Souls
"We all hold a beast inside. The only difference is what form it takes when freed."
Rain Ryland has never belonged anywhere, He’s used to people judging him for his rough background, his intimidating size, and now, his orphan status. He’s always been on the outside, looking in, and he’s fine with that. Until he moves to New Wurzburg and meets Friederike Burkhart.
Freddie isn’t like normal teen girls, though. And someone wants her dead for it. Freddie warns he’d better stay far away if he wants to stay alive, but Rain’s never been good at running from trouble. For the first time, Rain has something worth fighting for, worth living for. Worth dying for.
(Former title: Hide from Me.)
5 reasons to read Haven
- I loved the mythology in this book. It was unique and put it’s own perspective on a well loved paranormal trope.
- The mystery. Seriously, some of the things that happened gave me chills.
- It’s a small town. And I mean small. Everyone knows everything, and some know more than others.
- The characters. I absolutely loved Freddie and Rain. They are both strong characters with a bit of spunk.
- The fact that it’s set in Texas. You know I love a book set in my home state. It gives me a frame of reference for locations.
Overall, I loved everything about this book. It’s unique and the characters are amazing.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: