I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on November 16, 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set, Palm South University
What makes you happy?
That was the question Emery Reed asked me the day we met, and I couldn’t give him a single answer. I could have said my dog, or my books, or yoga — but I just stared.
And then, I got in his car.
It was crazy to take a road trip with a stranger, but after years of standing still, he was my one-way ticket to a new life, and I wasn’t going to miss it.
We shared the same space, the same car, the same hotel room — and still, we were strangers. One day we’d be laughing, the next, we wouldn’t speak. Emery was surrounded by impenetrable walls, but I wanted in.
Discovering his journal changed everything.
I read his thoughts, words not meant for anyone’s eyes, and the more I learned about him, the harder I fell. It turned out nothing made Emery Reed happy, and I wanted to change that.
I earned his trust by violating his privacy, and as wrong as it was, it worked — until one entry revealed a darkness I never knew existed, a timer I never knew was ticking.
Suddenly, what made me happy was saving Emery from himself. I just didn’t know if I could.
So I’m going to say that my reaction review only last to half of the book because I got sucked in and forgot to record the rest of my reactions.
- I really like Tammy. She’s a gal I’d love to have in my corner.
- Woah…nice to meet you Mr. Mysterious. I’ll run away with you.
- Cooper might be slightly crazy to hop in a car with a stranger. Maybe I’m just a little paranoid.
- Wow, talk about an opening line for a chapter. That makes me incredibly sad.
- Ugh this makes me so sad for Cooper.
- Ohhhhh random questions from Emery are fun!!
- I’ve thought the exact thing Emery does. There must be aliens.
- Ooo I love twenty questions. Definitely a way to get to know someone.
- Road trips must include New Orleans if it’s on the way.
- Oooo Girl, put that book down right now.
- Best friends are honestly the best humans in the universe.
- I’d be distracted by that too. Just sayin’.
- I would LOVE to spend Halloween in New Orleans.
- Skeevey guys at bars are the worst.
- Thumbs up to Emery for stepping in.
- The bad days make me hurt for Emery.
- I’m a little jealous Cooper is going to a casino at 20. I’m 32 and I’ve never been.
- Now I️ NEED to know what’s going on with Emery.
- Maybe that pause from Emery was to see if she would have any objections???
- Girl, don’t be snooping through his things.
- Wow… that’s a lot to get off Cooper’s chest. But I understand where she’s coming from.
- A road trip with Cooper would be so much freaking fun.
- What a way for Emery to find out about Cooper…
- But damn, what a gentleman and not saying anything.
- Holy tension batman
- My heart breaks for Cooper
- And the chapter 11 heading “finally not in Texas anymore” is beyond accurate.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: