Genres: Contemporary, Dark, New Adult, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: More Than This, More Than Her (More, #2), More Than Him (More Than, #3), More Than Forever (More Than, #4), More Than Enough, Combative, Logan
It’s the same old story, really. Good versus evil. Heroes versus villains. Light versus dark. For two years, college freshman Noah Morgan lived his life somewhere in the middle, fighting darkness and light, always searching for answers to a single question:Why, Noah, why?The same three words keep him up at night, struggling for air while gripping a plastic cylinder containing white pills to match the white label with his name printed in ink as deep and dark as his memories—memories that turned him into a recluse. A shut-in. An introvert.Luckily for him, that’s not how the girl next door sees him.
5 reasons to read Darkness Matters
- It’s unlike anything McLean has written.
- Darkness Matters handles some pretty tough topics.
- You will be turning the pages as fast as you can to see what happens next.
- The characters! Noah and Andi are characters you can connect to. You’ll be able to feel their desperation and hurt with them when they make certain decisions.
- The overall message. You matter! Even those dark, ugly pieces that you think are a stain on you. They aren’t. They are a part of you and shape you.
Seriously, if you’re a fan of Jay McLean, you need to read this book. I was sucked in and sad when I finished it so quickly. It’s one I wish I could read for the first time again.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: