I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Sonya Loveday on May 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: The Summer I Fell
Gracen Lowell is on the hunt for a man—but not just any man. He has to be ‘the one’. Her only problem is that no one she’s dated has ever measured up to the charming qualities of her best friend.
Slade Owens knows no matter how much he loves Gracen, he’ll never be what she’s looking for. And he dang sure isn’t going to stick around to watch her fall in love with someone else. Slade leaving the Owens’ family farm for an out-of-state job should put enough distance between the two to allow him to move on with his life and Gracen to search for her happily-ever-after.
Gracen knows asking him to stay isn’t fair. Slade thinks leaving her behind is the only thing to do. Inexplicably drawn together, the best friends must decide if they have what it takes to own up to their feelings… before it’s too late.
5 reasons to read What It Takes
- It’s an amazing friends to lovers stories.
- There’s also an important message within these pages.
- I loved seeing Slade and Gracen together. They are absolutely adorable, and I love how well they know each other.
- The side characters are just as interesting. I hope we get to know more about them.
- This book has funny moments and heartbreaking moments. You can’t help but fall in love with the story and characters.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: