Published by Skyscape on November 17th 2015
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: The Romeo Catchers
Seven girls tied by time.Five powers that bind.One curse to lock the horror away.One attic to keep the monsters at bay.
After the storm of the century rips apart New Orleans, sixteen-year-old Adele Le Moyne wants nothing more than her now silent city to return to normal. But with home resembling a war zone, a parish-wide curfew, and mysterious new faces lurking in the abandoned French Quarter, normal needs a new definition.
As the city murder rate soars, Adele finds herself tangled in a web of magic that weaves back to her own ancestors. Caught in a hurricane of myths and monsters, who can she trust when everyone has a secret and keeping them can mean life or death? Unless . . . you’re immortal.
5 reasons to read The Casquette Girls
- The original story this book is based on. I visited New Orleans, and when I heard the story of the casquette girls, I knew I wanted to learn more.
- The setting. This book takes place in New Orleans after a massive storm destroyed almost everything. It was creepy at times, but you could still see the beauty of the French Quarter.
- The writing. Arden has a magical way with words. Most of it is told in the present, but there are also journal entries from the past that helped round out everything.
- The characters. I loved Adele and the people she surrounds herself with. Some of them are intimidating and can be scary at times but there were glimpses of humor throughout.
- The romance. It’s hard to know which path to take. When your heart pulls you into two different directions, how do you know you’re going the right way.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: