I received this book for free from Publisher, XOXperts in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Gallery Books on May 23rd 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Source: Publisher, XOXperts
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: The Unidentified Redhead, Nuts
Clara Morgan is living the dream, if you can call rebranding hotels that are desperate for a new life and running any kind of marathon a dream. Which she does. But the career she loves and the endurance races that keep her adrenaline pumping have kept her too busy to put down any roots. Growing up in foster care, she’s never been able to establish traditions of her own, which may be why she’s fascinated by the rituals that generations-old family resorts are known for. She’s especially interested in the Bryant Mountain House, and not just for their secret recipe for the yummy, gooey, can’t-get-enough-of Hot Cross Buns….
Archie Bryant, the man with the Buns, is fifth generation and one-day-owner of the charming yet run-down Bryant Mountain House in Bailey Falls, New York. He’s determined to save his family’s legacy from the wrecking ball the old-fashioned way—by gritting his teeth and doing what needs to be done. There’s no way Archie will be influenced by the new hotel branding expert his father brought in to turn one hundred and fifty years of tradition on its head just to attract a faster, younger, slicker crowd. But when some of Clara’s ideas start bringing in new, paying customers, Archie can’t deny that she may have just given him a shot at keeping his resort open.
It’s sticky, it’s messy, it’s sweet, it’s Buns.
5 reasons to read Buns
- Alice Clayton’s writing is hysterical. I know every time I pick up one of her books, I’m going to laugh my ass off.
- We get to see the other Hudson Valley characters. I will forever love Natalie.
- Clara and Archie are hilarious together. They are fire and ice, and it’s fun to watch them go at each other.
- Walls are meant to be brought down. If you constantly have a wall up to guard your heart, you’re never truly living.
- There are also characters from some of Clayton’s other series. I love seeing these books connected in ways that you wouldn’t think possible.
If you’re looking for a beach read, or something to fun, sweet, and hella hot to read…this book is for you. You may also want to check out Clayton’s other books as well. You won’t be disappointed.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Contemporary Romance Challenge
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge
- 2017 New Release Challenge