I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Loveswept on May 23rd 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Sports
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Crash Into Me , Ruined
This hard-bodied football star is used to scoring. But he needs all the right moves to get past a fiery redhead’s defenses in a steamy standalone novel from the bestselling author of Ruined.
Emerson: Talk about bad first impressions. I have too much riding on this job to show up late on my first day looking like the winner of a wet T-shirt contest, all thanks to an arrogant quarterback who drives like he owns the road. Hunter Browning thinks that because he’s famous, he can fix everything with a smile and a wave of his hand. He’s too bronzed, buff, and beautiful for his own good. Or mine. I can’t let on that I’m a fan . . . no matter how much fun we’d have in the sack.
Hunter: Hitting that puddle was my best play since winning the Super Bowl with a touchdown pass. Sure, it’s not my preferred way to get a girl wet, but I’ll make an exception for Emerson Day. She’s got a sharp tongue and a red-hot temper, even with her soaking clothes plastered to her every curve. Now I know exactly what my next play will be: hire Emerson as my personal real-estate agent, save her job—and see if I can take her off the market.
5 reasons to read Down & Dirty
- It features football. Everyone knows I’m a sucker for football players.
- The characters. Both have some pretty intense things they are fighting, and it makes them stronger people.
- A few pretty funny moments. I mean, there were times I was laughing out loud, literally.
- Sexy scenes. There are a few, and they are hot.
- Emotional. I didn’t know going in that this book would tug at my heartstrings, but it did. It’s so much more than a romance.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Contemporary Romance Challenge
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge
- 2017 New Release Challenge