Series: Dorothy Must Die
Published by HarperCollins on March 15th 2016
Genres: fantasy, Retelling, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also in this series: Dorothy Must Die, The Wicked Will Rise
Also by this author: Dorothy Must Die, The Wicked Will Rise
Once upon a time, there was a girl from Kansas named Dorothy.
You might know her as the Girl Who Rode the Cyclone. She ended up in Oz, where she became friends with the Tin Woodman, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion. But the temptation of magic was too much for her. She let it change her. Her friends became twisted versions of their former selves.
The magical land of Oz is now a dark and menacing place.
My name is Amy Gumm. Tornadoes must have a thing about girls from Kansas, because I got swept away on one too. I also landed in Oz, where Good is Wicked, Wicked is Good, and the Wicked Witches clued me in to my true calling:
The only way to stop Dorothy from destroying Oz—and Kansas—is to kill her. And I’m the only one who can do it.
But I failed. Others died for my mistakes. Because of me, the portal between the worlds has been opened and Kansas and Oz are both in danger. And if I don’t find a way to close it?
Dorothy will make sure I never get to go home again.
5 reasons to read Yellow Brick War
- Some people from the first book have a major change of heart.
- Parts of it take place in Kansas and parts take place in Oz.
- There are a few more key players added to the mix.
- Craziness ensues. I mean absolute insanity. How do you pick who the greatest threat is?
- Once again a cliffhanger. But the next book is out so I can jump right into the action.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: