I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
Series: The Bone Witch
Published by Sourcebooks Fire on March 7th 2017
Genres: fantasy, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
The beast raged; it punctured the air with its spite. But the girl was fiercer.
Tea is different from the other witches in her family. Her gift for necromancy makes her a bone witch, who are feared and ostracized in the kingdom. For theirs is a powerful, elemental magic that can reach beyond the boundaries of the living—and of the human.
Great power comes at a price, forcing Tea to leave her homeland to train under the guidance of an older, wiser bone witch. There, Tea puts all of her energy into becoming an asha, learning to control her elemental magic and those beasts who will submit by no other force. And Tea must be strong—stronger than she even believes possible. Because war is brewing in the eight kingdoms, war that will threaten the sovereignty of her homeland…and threaten the very survival of those she loves.
5 reasons to read The Bone Witch
- Tea is a girl who isn’t afraid to push the envelope.
- The writing is beautiful. It pulls you into the story and doesn’t let go.
- I love how it goes back and forth from present tense to past tense.
- Amazing world building. I felt like I was in the Willows along with the other asha.
- You’ll want the next book as soon as you’re finished with this one. Too bad we have to wait.
I loved this book. It took me a bit to read it, but only because I wanted to stay in the world as long as possible. Can I please be an asha???
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: