I received this book for free from Own, Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
Series: The Diviners
Published by Little on August 25th 2015
Genres: fantasy, Fiction, Historical, Paranormal, Young Adult
Format: Audiobook, eARC
Source: Own, Publisher
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also in this series: The Diviners
Also by this author: The Diviners
The longing of dreams draws the dead, and this city holds many dreams.
After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O’Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. With her uncanny ability to read people’s secrets, she’s become a media darling, earning the title “America’s Sweetheart Seer.” Everyone’s in love with the city’s newest It Girl…everyone except the other Diviners.
Piano-playing Henry DuBois and Chinatown resident Ling Chan are two Diviners struggling to keep their powers a secret—for they can walk in dreams. And while Evie is living the high life, victims of a mysterious sleeping sickness are turning up across New York City.
As Henry searches for a lost love and Ling strives to succeed in a world that shuns her, a malevolent force infects their dreams. And at the edges of it all lurks a man in a stovepipe hat who has plans that extend farther than anyone can guess…As the sickness spreads, can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld to save the city?
In this heart-stopping sequel to The Diviners, Printz Award-winning and New York Times bestselling author Libba Bray takes readers deeper into the mystical underbelly of New York City.
6 Reasons to read Lair of Dreams
- We get to meet a few new characters. They were woen into the story seamlessly.
- Our favorites from The Diviners are still present, and still integral to the storyline.
- The creepiness factor is as present in this one as it was in the previous.
- I don’t know that I’ll ever want to have dreams again. Just no…
- Friendships and relationships are tested.
- We learn a few things, but there’s still so many unanswered questions.
I seriously can’t wait for the next book to come out.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge