I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Darling VT
Published by St. Martin's Paperbacks on February 7th 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
A kiss to last a lifetime
Aiden Gallagher was only five years old when he appeared in a photograph on the Kissing Bridge. The town of Darling, Vermont, has used Aiden’s image on the famed bridge—local legend has it that a kiss there results in everlasting love—as part of its tourism campaign. Now, twenty years later, Aiden is asked to recreate the moment with the woman he once kissed: Laurel Stone.
Recently divorced, there’s nothing Laurel wants less than to pretend happily-ever-after with Aiden. As teenagers, their romance was no fairy tale—and Laurel has never quite forgiven Aiden for breaking her heart. But now that she is back in her hometown, and keeps bumping into police officer Aiden, Laurel can’t deny that there’s still a strong flicker between her and her old flame. Could it be that the Kissing Bridge is working its magic on Laurel and Aiden—and that all true love ever needed was a second chance?
5 Reasons to read Somebody Like You
- It’s sort of a second chance romance. And you know those are my faves.
- The chemistry is instant, but it’s also a slow burn.
- There’s a small town vibe. I really like these because I’m from a small town.
- Both Laurel and Aiden have been burned by love before. And Laurel’s circumstance was a doozy. But they can’t deny the sparks that fly between them.
- It’s an all around feel good read. There are a lot of happy moments, and moments that will make you swoon.
- And that ending! <3 <3 <3
- I love the importance of friends and family in this book. They may not always be front and center, but you know that they are there waiting in the background should the characters need them.
Okay so there are 7 reasons. But this one is a quick read. You want to see where things are going between Aiden and Laurel.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Contemporary Romance Challenge
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge
- 2017 New Release Challenge