I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance, Romantic Comedy
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Reckless Romance, Start Me Up
Falling in love is not on Allison Lawson's to do list. As a professional stage manager, she's got a plan for everything - and she doesn't like surprises. So when she shows up at the apartment she's subletting, the last thing she's expecting is a roommate. Especially a tall, hunky one.
Shane Garrett is back in Brooklyn. After his parents died five years ago, he moved upstate to take care of his younger sister. But now she's off at college, and he's ready to return to the bachelor life he used to have: living on his own, a fridge full of beer, and a new girl every night. But that didn't include a surprise appearance of a sexy brunette in his shower. He hadn't even taken her out to dinner yet.
Now Allie and Shane are sharing a one bedroom apartment - and bedroom eyes. Neither can deny the sparks that are flying between the two of them, but a relationship is not on Allie's agenda. Can Shane convince Allie that you can't plan for love?
6 Reasons to read Roommate Romance
- Roommate Romance is a fun book. Seriously, there are so many moments where you will laugh!
- Shane and Allie are amazing characters with tons of chemistry.
- Allie is a list maker. I loved seeing how she would handle things when situations she didn’t plan arose.
- Shane… oh Shane. Why must you be so freaking awesome and build things? And I totally pictured Magic Mike scenes when he was in his workshop.
- Friendships. Allie was not counting on making new friends, even if she doesn’t always understand them.
- The awkward moments are hilarious. Seriously, you can feel the tension jumping off the page.
Roommate Romance is a book that I couldn’t put down. I loved seeing everything Shane and Allie were going through. I have no idea what I would do if I was stuck in a roommate situation I didn’t know about. Go grab this book!
P.S. I’m hoping we get a book about Allie’s brother… And perhaps a quirky director…