I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: The Wedding Belles
Published by Pocket Books on August 30th 2016
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also in this series: From This Day Forward, To Have and to Hold (The Wedding Belles, #1)
Also by this author: Blurred Lines, From This Day Forward
Will a budding wedding planner and her bad boy neighbor stop banging heads and start hearing wedding bells in the sexy second novel in USA TODAY bestselling author Lauren Layne’s irresistible new series that marries Sex and the City with The Wedding Planner?
When small-town girl Heather Fowler finally gets promoted from assistant to actual wedding planner, she’s determined to make it as one of Manhattan’s elite Wedding Belles. Unfortunately, her first client demands an opulent black-tie affair at the Plaza…in five months’ time. Heather’s days quickly become a flurry of cake tastings, dress-fittings, RSVP cards, and bridal tantrums. But what she’s really losing sleep over is the live music blaring from her playboy neighbor’s apartment all night.
Five years ago, Josh Tanner was an up-and-comer on Wall Street, complete with the penthouse and the migraines. But a grim cancer diagnosis made him realize there is more to life than the corner office. If only he could convince his pretty, workaholic neighbor to let loose, too. As Heather lets down her guard, Josh is surprised when he starts falling for the sweet, vulnerable woman hiding beneath those power suits. Soon, it’s Heather’s turn to convince Josh to take the biggest risk of all: love.
5 Reasons to read For Better or Worse
- Relationships that go from frustration to something more. (One of my favorite tropes)
- I love Heather and Josh. The chemistry is off the charts, even from the beginning.
- There isn’t insta-love. It progresses over months before they realize they have actual feelings for each other.
- The friendships. I love the relationship Heather has with her fellow Belles. And I love the friendship Heather has with Josh.
- Secrets are never friends. Even when you think you’re doing it for the right reasons. It just pisses people off!
This was a fun read. I loved every minute of it, and read it pretty quickly. It’s a great addition to The Wedding Belles series, and probably my favorite as of right now. I can’t wait to dive into the next book.