I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on June 16, 2016
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set, Palm South University
I remember the lights.
I remember I wanted to photograph them, the way the red and blue splashed across his cold, emotionless face. But I knew even if my feet could move from the place where they had cemented themselves to the ground and I could run for my camera, I wouldn’t be able to capture that moment.
I had trusted him, I had loved him, and even though my body had changed that summer, he’d made sure to help me hold on to who I was inside, regardless of how the exterior altered.
But then everything changed.
He stole my innocence. He scarred my heart. He took everything I thought I knew about my life and fast-pitched it out the window, shattering the glass that held my world together in the process.
I remember the lights.
The passionate, desperate, hot strikes of red. The harsh, cruel, icy bolts of blue.
They symbolized everything I endured that summer.
And everything I would never face again.
I finished this book yesterday, and I still don’t have words to describe how much I love it. So I’m going to give you reasons why you should read it. Seriously, you won’t be disappointed. It’s definitely one of my favorite reads of 2016!
Reasons to read Weightless
- It’s beautifully written. Steiner does an amazing job of bringing you into the story.
- Weightless is emotional. You will feel them all, I’m warning you know.
- Natalie is such an amazing character. She grows so much throughout the story.
- Rhodes is beautiful and tortured. His past is horrible, and it shapes how he views himself.
- In the words of Rhodes…. confidence is sexy.
- You definitely get the message that your past doesn’t define you, but it helps shape the person you become.
- Sometimes “friends” aren’t really there for you. But there’s always that one person who has your back no matter what.
- Happiness comes from you first!
Seriously guys, get this book the moment it comes out on June 16th. I loved it, and I know it will speak to so many people!