Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on March 14th 2016
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Collide, Uprising
My name is Maxton and I'm a trader. I live on a soulless planet where gravity, oxygen, and everything else are sold to the highest bidder on the black market. People are sold on the black market, too. You have to work really hard not to become one of those people. Pay your taxes, keep your friends and family close, and more than anything else-don't get caught by the Militia. But all the rules changed for me the day I found her. My name is Sophelia and I'm a stowaway. I've been a slave for almost as long as I can remember. Waiting for the one day, one second, for my proprietor to turn his head so I could run and never look back. Now I'm on the run. And on a planet where no one is on your side and people would turn you in for a good meal or a piece of a silver, being on the run on Landu is the last place you want to be. Until he found me. I won't survive without him. I can't breathe without her.
Hi, guys! Thought we would try something new today. I make a pictorial for an eye makeup look inspired by the GORGEOUS cover of Shelly Crane’s The Other Side of Gravity. A mini review will be posted below the pictures. Enjoy and let us know what you think!
1.First, I’ll show the eyeshadow palletes I used: Urban Decay’s Alice Through The Looking Glass and Kat Von D Beauty’s Metamorphosis. I wanted blues and a pretty yellow gold.
2. Our first step will be adding a dark navy blue from the Alice palette called “Bandersnatch”.
3. Our second step will be to add a lighter blue to the center of the eyelid. I used the shade “Metamorphosis” from the Alice palette.
4. Our next step is to add that pretty gold from Kat Von D’s palette called Summerfly. After that, we’ll add an inner corner and eyebrow bone highlight using the shade “Royal Flush” from the Alice palette.
5. Lastly, we can’t forget some eyeliner (cat-eye style for me) and some mascara.
6. Here’s the final look! I tried to make it wearable. 🙂
Shelly Crane has got her claws stuck me. This book is so fresh and intoxicating. Maxton and Sophelia have the most beautiful love I’ve ever read. And I’m dying for a sequel.
This isn’t your average dystopian novel. This isn’t even on earth, actually. Sophelia is a slave on the run and Maxton is a black market hottie who saves her. Every moment of the adventure with both of these broken souls was my favorite. I ship them so hard. I love that Shelly created this world so intricately; I really felt like I was in this novel, which is terrifying and lovely.
This has made my top 20 favorite books, for sure. Happy reading!