I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Grayson County Series
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: A Risk Worth Taking, Dirty Blood
Jordan DeWalter has her future mapped out—build the most impressive architectural design portfolio in all of New England, and use it to one day open her own firm. But when her father unexpectedly passes away, her plans, and her heart, are broken. Now, if she wants the money once promised to her, she’ll have to return to the town that threw her family out over twenty years ago in order to get it.
If there’s one thing Jordan despises more than small towns, it’s small town people.
Casey Luck has spent his life skating by on charm and a devil-may-care attitude. Never one to take life too seriously, he’s kept secret his dream of building custom dirt bikes. Instead, he fills the role his family expects: tractor mechanic, farm handyman, comedic relief. But, deep down, Casey’s restless for something more.
Then he meets his new roommate: Jordan.
Their attraction is instant, but Jordan’s not fooled by the chemistry between them. When the summer is over, she’s out of here no matter what. In fact, she’s willing to bet on it.
Will their undeniable connection be the push they both need to break free of their pasts, or will Jordan’s wager on their failure ruin the future for them both?
Reasons to read A Bet Worth Making
- Casey! I love him in A Risk Worth Taking and couldn’t wait for his story.
- Country life. Maybe I’m a little bias on this because I do live in a small town. Everybody knows you and what trouble you’ve gotten into and I love reading stories that have the same elements.
- The attraction between Jordan and Casey. She fights it so hard it’s not even funny. Well, it is at times, but still….
- Seeing Ford and Summer. They don’t play a huge role, but we get to see them.
- Sometimes you need the whole story before you pass judgement… Well you should always have the whole story.
- Family isn’t always who you share blood with. Friends can become the family you never knew you needed.
- Casey’s flirty attitude. We know he’s like this, but it’s great seeing it all in action in his own story.
- You should always go after what you are passionate about. Don’t worry about how others feel about it. Do what makes you happy!
I loved A Bet Worth Making. It’s fun, sweet, and a perfect read to start off the summer!
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: