I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Romancing the Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Published by Entangled Teen on April 5th 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Love & Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Dan Garrett has become exactly what he hates—popular. Until recently, he was just another live-action role-playing nerd on the lowest rung of the social ladder. Cue a massive growth spurt and an uncanny skill at taking three-point shots in basketball and voilà...Mr. Popular. It's definitely weird.
And the biggest drawback? Going from high school zero to basketball hero cost Dan the secret girl of his dorky dreams.
A band geek with an eclectic fashion sense, Zelda Potts's “coolness” stat is about minus forty-two. Dan turning his back on her and the rest of nerd-dom was brutal enough, but when he humiliates her at school, Zelda decides it's time for a little revenge—dork style. Never mind that she used to have a crush on him. Never mind that her plan could backfire big time.
It's time to roll the dice...and hope like freakin' hell she doesn't lose her heart in the process.
10 Things I loved about Romancing the Nerd
- It’s absolutely adorkable!
- I love Zelda, not just her name, but also her spunk.
- Dan is completely clueless when it comes to the female mind.
- LARPing. Seriously some hilarious and epic things happen during these games!
- Snap judgements about people sometimes come back to bite you in the butt.
- The fandom of the characters is awesome. I now want to cosplay for real.
- The entire premise of this book. I love the whole secret identity thing, even if it was started for the wrong reasons.
- People aren’t always what they seem.
- We get to see Logan and Maddie! I missed those two.
- Chemistry and sparks are hard to hide from.
I love everything about this book. I couldn’t put it down. This book is perfect, quick read for the spring and summer. Enjoy!!!