Published by Del Rey/Ballantine Books on 2011
Genres: fantasy, Paranormal
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: CarniePunk, Hexed
The first novel in the Iron Druid Chronicles—introducing a cool, new, funny urban fantasy hero
Atticus O'Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old—when in actuality, he's twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.
Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he's hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power—plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish—to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.
Five Reasons to read Hounded
- A story about Druids. I’ve never read one, and this one completely blew away.
- Atticus is a smart character that finds himself in an awful situation.
- Loved seeing different gods/goddesses brought into the story. It includes a bit of everything.
- I’ve read a ton of Greek Mythology type of books, but never anything Celtic. It was interesting learning about the different people.
- The humor! Atticus would say something that would completely go over everybody’s head. It was quite funny.