I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: The Burke Brothers
Published by Pocket Star Books on January 25th 2016
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also in this series: Dirty Secret (The Burke Brothers, #1), Dirty Past
Also by this author: Dirty Secret (The Burke Brothers, #1), Dirty Past
The sexiest, most mysterious Burke brother of all peels back his stage persona to reveal the real man—and the rock-hard body—behind the rockstar in the banging fourth book from New York Times bestselling author Emma Hart’s hot new adult series that began with Dirty Past, Dirty Secret, and Dirty Lies.
After witnessing an endless string of late nights, long tours, and eager groupies her world-famous father could never resist, Chelsey Young knows the dirty truth behind the glamorous façade of the rockstar life. Which is exactly why she takes hot as hell guitarist Kye Burke to bed when he decides he wants her.
One night. That’s how rockstars roll.
Unless your name is Kye Burke. The quietest of all his brothers, Kye’s style has never really been pumping and dumping, so pursuing Chelsey isn’t a hard choice for him. The hard part is keeping hold of the girl who’s hotter than the Sahara one minute then so cold even Antarctica wouldn’t touch her the next…despite the fact that they can’t stay away from each other.
The fact that he’s about to leave for L.A. to record the newest Dirty B. album doesn’t work in his favor, either. A long-distance relationship is the reason Chelsey’s parents divorced, and she’s sworn them off. Completely. Forever. No way.
Kye has two weeks to prove to Chelsey that he isn’t the kind of man her father is. She has two weeks to convince him that it’s never going to happen. But Kye didn’t get where he is by giving up…and even if it’s the fight of his life, there’s no way he’s giving Chelsey up.
Why you should read Dirty Tricks
I absolutely love this series, which is no surprise since it contains a band. I’m super sad that Burke Brothers stories are over.
- Kye may be my favorite Burke brother. He’s not like his brothers, and is ridiculously sweet. And the dirty talk… just yummy.
- Chelsey is definitely a forced to be reckoned with. She is not a fan of rock stars for her own reasons, but can she refuse Kye when he’s all she can think about????
- I love the sibling bond the Burke’s have. They will do anything for each other.
- This book will definitely have you wanting to sip on some Jack Daniels while reading. It’ll fit the atmosphere nicely.
- Ice storms aren’t anything when it comes to being with the person you want to be with.
- The humor and banter between Chelsey and Kye is hilarious. They definitely know how to give as good as they get.
- I love the friendship Chelsey has with the significant others of the Burke brothers. They get along so well, and are there for her when she needs advice. Even if it’s not helpful.
Like I said this series is a fave, and we even get a little look into what the other brothers are up to. I do wish Leila had her own story though. She deserves her own happily ever after.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: