I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Swoon Romance on 11/27/2015
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Where You Are
His second chance may cost him his sweetest addiction …
The truth about NEVEAH’S cheating fiancée hit hard—but not as hard as her right hook to his jaw. After ridding herself of him she travels back home to Huntsville, Texas to her father and his boxing gym where she grew up. When she finds a beaten man in the woods beside her home, her entire life changes and things get—complicated.
Ex-con RAGE only wants two things—for the man that set him up to release his sister, and for him to burn in Hell where he belongs. After being released from prison, he heads straight to the man that put him there, only to be beaten and tossed in the woods for dead. When he’s found by the most beautiful girl he’s ever met, he knows he’ll have a chance to rescue his sister even though she doesn’t realize she needs saving.
Neveah and her father, nurse Rage back to heath, offer him a job at their gym and quickly find out that he’s amazing in the ring. Without them knowing who he is, he knows he’s been given a second chance to live his life. The only condition is that he has to stay away from Neveah, which is a promise he soon realizes is hard to keep. The feisty southern beauty normally gets what she wants, and Rage wants to give her everything.
With the truth lurking in the shadows, Rage must decide if his sweetest addiction is worth giving up his second chance.
9 Things I loved about Redemption
- The characters. Not just Navaeh and Rage. Aunt Shelly, Wes, Dante & Chase were all awesome.
- Chase’s flirty banter. It was hilarious at times.
- The chemistry between Navaeh and Rage. It was intense.
- Oh my, sexy scenes. I mean wooo, I need to fan myself.
- The locations. I love reading about places that I know where they are. Especially in my home state.
- The drama. There’s a eagerness to save a family member, and broken promises. But not the bad kind exactly.
- Wes’s love for Navaeh. He’s completely devoted to his daughter and their relationship is awesome.
- Rage’s devotion for his sister, even though she acts like a B sometimes.
- Navaeh’s strength. Not just physical because she can knock a grown man on his ass, but also emotional. She’s stronger than some people give her credit for.
Redemption is a great book. It’s gritty, sexy, intense, and had my attention from the very first word.
- $10 Amazon gift card + eBook copy of Redemption