I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Elephantine Publishing on 10/14/2015
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Art major, Roxy Thompson, is a ball of fun—but she's also careful to keep her walls intact when it comes to men. She likes relationships just like her coffee: light and sweet. After having her heart shattered once before, she’s determined not to ever feel that broken again.
College senior, Lake Foster, is just tempting enough to make Roxy rethink her rules of engagement. Suddenly, high-dollar shots and a no-strings night out aren't enough anymore. But Lake isn't looking for long-term. His future is set, and in four months, he intends to graduate and leave Georgia—and everything in it—behind. Luckily, short-term fun is Roxy’s specialty, and Lake can’t resist what he promises will be a fleeting taste.
Will Roxy and Lake really walk away when their time is up? They only have one shot to find out.
10 Things I loved about A Shot of Reckless
- It’s fun
- It’s sexy
- The interaction between characters is spot on
- The conflict isn’t only between the two main characters, but between side characters as well
- The importance of friendship
- Pushing aside rules to follow your feelings
- Opposites just might attract
- No insta-love.
- The romance happens naturally, and evolves. It’s not a sudden bam we love each other.
- Maybe some people are worth taking a shot on.
1 Winner will get:
2 signed books by authors tbd
Plus a basket of our character Roxy’s fave things:
Cookies, Coffee mug, Fave scarf , Her necklace, A trusty shot glass
A DVD of fave hot shirtless boy movie, and the much important sketch journal
Must be 13+ To Enter | Ships in US only.