Series: The Lunar Chronicles
Published by Feiwel & Friends on January 3rd 2012
Genres: fantasy, Retelling, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Also by this author: Cinder, Scarlet
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
Random Thoughts While Rereading Cinder
- Oh Prince Kai, you are charming. <3
- I remember how much I loathe Adri. She is vile!
- Peony is an absolute sweetheart
- It’s always fun when re-reading a book and watching all the puzzle pieces line up.
- Original impression of Dr. Erland – crazy old man. Second impression – same.
- I admire Kai’s attempt to come up with another plan to stall Levana.
- Queen Levana is a push B
- The Lunars are very sneaky
- OMG moment…. Say whaaaa???
- That happy moment when you know who Kai’s android was communicating with.
- The moment you remember how Dr. Erland is!
- I know what beasts they are talking about!!! *signal evil laugh*
- I forgot how much I hate Levana.
- This is going to sound mean but why couldn’t Pearl have gotten the plague. She’s awful.
I really enjoyed diving back into The Lunar Chronicles. I loved it just as much this time around as I did the last. I think my favorite thing is that Meyer didn’t go the whimsical route with the retelling. She has a bad ass girl in a science fiction setting!