I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Second Circle Tattoos
Published by St. Martin's Paperbacks on July 7th 2015
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Suspense
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Harper Connelly never expected to find herself outside of a tattoo parlor at one in the morning, summoning the nerve to take back her past. She's determined to forget her old life and is looking for an artist who can tattoo over the scars on her back.Trent Andrews, local legend and owner of the Second Circle tattoo studio, has his own reasons for specializing in inking over scars. And in spite of her mysterious past and the difficult road ahead, he quickly realizes that Harper is funny, smart, and--under her ridiculously oversized clothing and SPF 100 sunscreen--totally hot. He's happy to take on the challenge of designing a meaningful and deadly full-back tattoo for her.But when cryptic messages start appearing on Harper's phone, strange deliveries arrive at her door, and Second Circle is vandalized, Harper is convinced that her ex-boyfriend has tracked her down, and worse, that he knows about Trent. Running was the only thing that saved her last time, but now that she's started to put down roots in Miami, she'll have to decide if she can finally fight back instead.
10 Things I loved about this book
- The tattoo studio. I’m a big fan of tattoos, and love that this book centers around that line of work.
- Trent!!! He’s gorgeous, talented, caring, and pretty much everything a gal would want in a guy.
- Harper is such a strong character. She has a lot of obstacles she has to overcome, and has to fight her way through her demons.
- The story line. It was unique, filled with suspense at times and humor the other times.
- While I don’t love the past that Harper had, I do love that she’s tired of hiding from them.
- The friendships. They are as much of an integral part of this book as the romance. This is a group of people that truly care about each other.
- The funny times. Most of them happen at the tattoo studio, but sometimes they happen in other places, like while playing pool…. horribly.
- The sweet moments. Trent and Harper are sugary sweet in their blossoming relationship. It reminds me of those first butterflies you feel when you start liking someone.
- Cujo & Drea. They are the best friends of Trent and Harper, and their reactions to each other is hilarious. They can’t stand each other. I can’t wait for their story.
- The overall message of hope. Each person has their battle, but having hope can bring them out of dark times, and let them fight for what they want and believe in.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: