I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Lola Carlyle's 12-Step Romance by Danielle Younge-Ullman
Published by Entangled Teen on 5/5/2015
Genres: Contemporary, Family & Relationships, Romance, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Lola Carlyle is lonely, out of sorts, and in for a boring summer. So when her best friend, Sydney, calls to rave about her stay at a posh Malibu rehab and reveals that the love of Lola’s life, Wade Miller, is being admitted, she knows what she has to do.Never mind that her worst addiction is decaf cappuccino; Lola is going to rehab.
Lola arrives at Sunrise Rehab intent solely on finding Wade, saving him from himself, and—naturally—making him fall in love with her…only to discover she’s actually expected to be an addict. And get treatment. And talk about her issues with her parents, and with herself. Plus she has insane roommates, and an irritatingly attractive mentor, Adam, who’s determined to thwart her at every turn.
Oh, and Sydney? She’s gone.
Turns out, once her pride, her defenses, and her best friend are stripped away, Lola realizes she’s actually got a lot to overcome…if she can open her heart long enough to let it happen.
12 Things I loved about Lola Carlyle
- Lola is spunky!
- Lola realizes that Sunrise isn’t what she expected
- Her flirtatious encounter with Wade
- The unique setting
- Adam’s refusal to allow Lola to get her way
- The look into the world of addiction without it being portrayed heavily
- The humor
- The antics Lola pulls to get out of going to therapy
- Lola’s realization about friendships
- Lola realizing she’s hurting more than she cares to admit
- Adam: just everything about him. He’s an overall good guy.
- The ending it was perfect, and exactly what I wanted to see for the characters.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: