I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.My Rebellion Checklist by Susan Soares
Genres: Coming of Age, Contemporary
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository
Victoria Matherson's summer to-do list looked something like this:
1. Get organized for college
2. Complete summer job at Dad’s office
3. Spend a romantic summer with Adam
During the first week of her summer vacation, Victoria’s super planned life suddenly swerves completely off track. Her boyfriend breaks up with her unexpectedly, she gets in a near-fatal car wreck, and her parents announce the end of their twenty-year marriage.
Victoria decides to live life messily, to take chances, and finally to rebel. Taking on the new name of “Tori,” she creates a checklist of rebellion:
#3 Get an extreme haircut
#6 Pierce something
which she’ll use to show everyone around her that all the changes to her perfectly organized life haven’t affected her in the least. Even though they have.
With the help of her quirky and cute co-worker Zack, Tori will check off the crazy items on her list and learn what it means to give up control and be free. But just how far will she go?
Since Tori, the main character is a fan of making lists, I decided I’d do my review in the same fashion.
- Tori is a girl that doesn’t really know who she is
- Her world is turned upside down after an accident and things going on at home
- She goes through the same rebellious stage that most go through
- Tori struggles with guys, as proven with her past relationship with Adam
- She has some pretty awesome friendships: current and ones she develops
- Zack is completely swoon-worthy
- Sometimes you need to make change to find out who you really are
- Seeing her reactions with some situations is hilarious
- Perfect for summer reading