Series: Elemental Assassin
Published by Pocket Books on 8/21/2012
Genres: Adult, Magic, Romance, Urban Fantasy
Length: 10 hours and 36 minutes
Narrator: Lauren Fortgang
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Audible, The Book Depository
Also in this series: Spider's Bite, Web of Lies
Also by this author: Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost
I used to murder people for money, but these days it’s more of a survival technique.
Once an assassin, always an assassin. So much for being plain old Gin Blanco. With every lowlife in Ashland gunning for me, I don’t need another problem, but a new one has come to town.
Salina might seem like a sweet Southern belle, but she’s really a dangerous enemy whose water elemental magic can go head-to-head with my own Ice and Stone power. Salina also has an intimate history with my lover, Owen Grayson, and now that she’s back in town, she thinks he’s hers for the taking.
Salina’s playing a mysterious game that involves a shady local casino owner with a surprising connection to Owen. But they call me the Spider for a reason. I’m going to untangle her deadly scheme, even if it leaves my love affair hanging by a thread.
- A bit repetitive at times
Gin has memories come to light about assignments she went on with Fletcher
- Gin definitely has some insecurities she has to deal with after she meets Salina
- Salina is pretty damn awful
- I wanted to knock Owen upside his head and tell him to open his freaking eyes
- We get to meet Cooper, the man who trained Owen in metal work
- We also get more information on Philip Kincaid
- There are ties between Philip, Owen and Eva
- Tons of mind games, and little ass-kicking