I can’t believe another year has flown by. The end of year book survey is hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. I love doing this at the end of the year.
2014 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 200
Number of Re-Reads: 0. I love doing re-reads but didn’t do any this year. :/
Genre You Read The Most From: New Adult & Contemporary
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Unteachable by Leah Raeder
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Series Started: Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
Sequel: Losing Track by Trisha Wolfe
Series Ender: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Noelle August (sort of new since this duo includes Veronica Rossi)
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Made For You by Melissa Marr
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Ready To Wed by Cindi Madsen
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Remember Me by Romily Bernard
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Trent Maddox from Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Definitely makes you think about your own relationship.)
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
It’s pretty much impossible to pick one because there are so many that I like.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Longest: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Shortest: A Date of Godlike Proportions by Tellulah Darling
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Aria & Perry from Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Alexia & Akeldama from The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Finding Fate Series by Chelsea Fine
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (the only book I read from recommendations)
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Colt from Miles from Kara by Melissa West
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Unteachable by Leah Raeder
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Charlie Glass’s Slippers by Holly McQueen
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
The Book Thief by Markus Suzak
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
A Risk Worth Taking by Heather Hildenbrand
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
NIL by Lynne Matson
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Blameless by Gail Carriger because Lord Maccon was a total ass.
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
Jackaby by William Ritter
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Probably my Top Ten Tuesday posts
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Fresh Fiction Party in February. Had so much fun!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Having dinner with Kim Harrison
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Street Team Signups for Tracy Wolff
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Sing Along Saturday
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed the Review Pile Challenge and my goodreads challenge
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Rebound by Noelle August
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Attend Romantic Times Book Lover’s Convention
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards